Minimal Winter Makeup

Saturday, 28 February 2015



To be honest my makeup is always minimal and most days I'll run out of the house without a stich of makeup on however when I feel like wearing some slap this has been my go-to look. Just because it's winter doesn't mean I change up everything, but I'll be lying if I said I didn't get excited of the prospect of rocking a berry lip. I still wear my tinted moisturiser because a dewy skin is everything to someone who has dry skin especially in the colder months.

After I cleanse and moisturise I slap on the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser. This sheer base has quickly become on of my favourites, I love a bit of glow and this product certainly provides my skin with a beautiful, healthy glow that I just can't get enough of. I find this has a lot more coverage than your regular TM which is great but it's still natural and skin-like. In terms of application, more often than not I just use my fingers to apply because it's just so easy. I am in the shade Seychelles and is a pretty good match for me if I do say so myself. At thirty pounds its not cheap but for dewy, luminous skin it's so worth it.

I skip concealer most of the time not that I don't need it because trust me I do ( my eye bags have reached zombie status ) but I'm just too lazy to be faffing around with concealer, disguising dark circles and banishing bags.

Next I like to apply a light dusting of the Nars blush in Dolce Vita for a natural flush of colour onto the cheeks. This blush is a dusty rose hue which really compliments my brown skin tone and just looks natural on but only if I use a light hand and be gentle with application. Otherwise I can look a bit crazy ...lol! It also pairs really nicely with the berry lip.











































L-R Dior Paparazzi and Nars Dolce Vita.

Next onto the eyes, I love applying lashings of mascara because it just opens up my eyes and makes me look alive ya know? Le Volume de Chanel Mascara is my favourite one because it just delivers on it's volumising claims and gives me full, long thick lashes. This is a dramatic mascara so if you like your lashes to look natural then you won't like this but for me personally it's everything! It also saves me time in the mornings too because you apply one coat and it looks like you have done two. Love.

For lips I've been loving the Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in Paparazzi, (isn't she a beaut)?.
A soft, creamy offering that is glossy yet hydrating on the lips. Obessesed isn't the word. This is a wearable berry shade because the formula is sheer so it's not a full on bold lipstick that I'll be too scared to wear outside of the house. I adore the balmy texture, it applies so smoothly and glides on the lips like a dream. The staying power isn't amazing though, it lasts about 2 to 3 hours which actually isn't bad considering the balmy texture and I don't mind whipping it out of my bag to reapply.

So that's my minimal routine, super easy and quick, basically four products and bob's your uncle! Now tell me do you prefer the minimal look or are you more likely to do the whole shebang?
















10 comments:

  1. Love both the blush and the lipstick from the swatches! To have a quick makeup look tried and tested is the best for those rushed mornings ;) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks - yes they are both gorgeous especially the lippy! Totally agree with you when I'm running out of the door I only want products I can rely on :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love Nars blushes! I have Deep Throat and it's great but that berry color looks amazing, great post :)katmicru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love nars blushers too - they are some of my favourites. Dolce Vita is a gorgeous colour, love it! Aww thank you, that means a lot :) xx

      Delete
  3. I own nothing like Dolce Vita, it's so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, I wish I could leave the house most days without makeup...but effects of a good skincare routine, right?? I wasn't too keen on NARS' TM, just because the sample I got was horribly orange on me, and I'm a much bigger fan of Jouer's Matte Moisture Tint these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not really ...you see I got into makeup quite late so I'm comfortable going bare faced it doesn't really bother me that much to be honest. Shame about the Nars TM, glad that the Jouer one worked out better for you as orange is NEVER a good look lol!

      Delete